Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sweet Treats

Since my parents were coming today and we were going to meet them at a restaurant for lunch, I made dessert yesterday so that we could come back home and hang out a bit and have dessert.

Well, in the afternoon I made some homemade chocolate chip cheesecake--yum!!  I used my mom's recipe which doesn't require any baking so I put it in the fridge to chill.  Then after dinner I made a homemade pumpkin roll, forgetting I had already made the cheesecake haha.  Oops!  Oh well, we had both this afternoon and they were both very tasty!  And we still have plenty of leftovers after sending my mom home with some extras.  

We had a really nice time visiting with them today.  We went to church this morning and heard Pastor Tim preach.  He's a typical baptist preacher which I enjoyed.  Plus his sermon was great!  After church, we were heading to the bookstore to kill an hour until my parents arrived when it dawned on Peter that my parent's were still an hour away and by the time we got to the restaurant, ordered and had food, it'd probably be closer to 2 hrs until he'd be eating.  So to hold him over we went into the mall by Barnes & Noble and shared an Auntie Anne's pretzel.  We sat in a corner of the food court and had a great little time.  We had just made it into JCP to browse for a few minutes when my mom called to say they were approaching Monroeville so we decided to head out.  We met them at John Harvard's for lunch and heard all about the great time they had on the cruise they went on recently for their 35th anniversary.  Then we came back to our house and hung out for a while, saw pictures from their cruise, and ate yummy (double) dessert!  

Peter and I spent the rest of the evening relaxing together, having pork roll (that my mom brought us) for dinner, and watching "Madagascar"--cute movie :)

No comments: