Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Signs of Fall

It's no secret that I love fall. Looooove fall. The smells, the tastes, the sights...I love everything about fall. I was so excited to get out my little collection of fall decorations this weekend. It's a small collection, but Peter will probably agree that it grows every year!

First up are these little plates in a rack from Kirklands that I bought just this past weekend. I had been eyeing them up for a while and when I found them on sale this weekend and had a 20% off coupon to use...well I just couldn't pass it up for $6.84. Each plate has a bible verse on it. I love the way it looks - it definitely fills the vertical space better than the square frame I had there before.


I made the wreath on my door a few years ago and loved it then. Now I'm not sure why, but I don't love it as much. I still like the colors and flowers, but I think I need to go the whole way around the grapevine, or spruce it up, or something. We'll see.

My big china hutch received a fall makeover as well. It was all small things like adding my fall tea set, and some pumpkins.

Last year we were at Cracker Barrel sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas at my parents' house. I saw the fall teapot and sugar/creamer set and just loved it! At 80% off, it was a bargain. Peter agreed to buy it for me as part of my Christmas presents. Yay! I was so happy to pull it out this year for fall. :)

The little hutch didn't change very much. I added a few little pumpkins and a "Give Thanks" decoration that I got at Kirklands last year.

Our buffet has some new additions from this year. Peter and I bought a wine rack a few weeks ago from Target for $9. It only holds 6 bottles, but we really like it. It matches the room well. I also moved our cork collection to a little basket near the wine rack.

I made some fall hurricanes with supplies from the dollar tree. I've seen all over blogland people making these so I had to give it a try. The first one I saw was at www.granvillehouse.blogspot.com. I loved the way mine turned out. On one of the hurricanes, I added a bit of raffia and a leaf bookmark that I received from a recent bridal shower that I attended. Super cute!

That about does it for this years fall decorations. :)

No comments: