Thursday, October 7, 2010

Storage boxes on the cheap

Everytime I see a cute storage box, basket, or whatever, I feel like I want to buy it. I think that I may have a mild case of OCD with organizing things and making it decorative at the same time. The tv stand in our spare room as an open space that I just haven't been able to use efficiently. I had some frames and other decor in there for a while, but I felt like it was wasted space. I don't feel like spending money from my budget to buy some sort of baskets, etc. right now so for now this is what I have...

I have 2 identical boxes from drugstore.come orders as well as a plethora of fabric scraps. I took some chocolate brown fabric and covered one of the boxes. Looks pretty good for what it is and for supplies I already had on hand.


I haven't been able to figure out what to do with the stack of luggage beside my dresser yet. The suitcase already has two other pieces in it so there's no more room for stuffing anything else in there. In any case, the fabric covered cardboard box is doing the trick with holding yarns and other miscellaneous stuff. Maybe I should add a handle or some kind of hardware to them so they don't look so dark. Decisions, decisions...

No comments: