Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Pillow Covers

My sewing machine was out of commission for a couple of weeks, but I finally have it back. First project that I accomplished? Christmas pillow covers!

I had been searching for fabric to make Christmas pillow covers, but I didn't find anything that really jumped out at me. I didn't want to buy Christmas pillows because then I'd have to store them. When I was in Boscov's 2 weeks ago with my mom, I saw these napkins that I loved and thought would be perfect to make a pillow out of!

So I took my two palm tree pillows, the 4 napkins, 2 zippers, and went to work!


And ta-da! Christmas pillow covers. Exactly what I was looking for!

I had 4 napkins so I made two pillows. I could've made 4 and used solid for the backs, but honestly, I didn't think of that until after I was all done. haha

And a hidden zipper! Not bad for my first zipper project!

I couldn't be happier with how they turned out. They're Christmassy, but not overbearing and will match the rest of my decor just perfectly!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love them! I wish I lived closer so we could be crafty together.

Debbie said...

My talented daughter-in-law!