Need I say more than the title? Yum, yum, and more yum! This is definitely a new favorite breakfast treat. The recipe below makes 6 waffles on my waffle maker. I love mine. It stores standing up, the cord wraps around the base, it has a red light/green light for knowing when it's hot and when a waffle is done. So great!
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup milk
2 eggs, separated
1/2 - 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Stir together the pumpkin, milk, and egg yolks.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar.
3. Mix until there are no lumps.
4. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
5. Add chocolate chips (optional).
6. Fold in the egg whites.
7. Use a ladle and pour into waffle maker.
8. Eat up!