Monday, January 12, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies with Hershey Kiss Chunks

I found this great recipe online through the recipe swap at Grocery Cart Challenge.  It was originally posted here.

Ingredients:• 1 cup butter or margarine
• 1 cup peanut butter
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 25 Hershey Kisses, quartered into chunks (I used more like 30 kisses for a little extra chocolate :) )


1.  Cut Hershey Kisses into chunks.


2.  Mix together butter or margarine, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
3.  Add eggs and mix until combined.

4.  In a separate bowl-whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
5.  Stir into peanut butter mixture.

6.  Fold in Hershey Kiss chunks.
7.  Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.

8.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned.

I got 6 dozen cookies out of this batch and they were DELICIOUS!  When Andrew was here, the 3 of us enjoyed devouring a dozen or two.  I also gave some to Jerry to take home when he came over for dinner.  And then I even had some left to bring to work so I wasn't left eating the rest!

I love finding great, easy and YUMMY cookie recipes. It's a great alternative to just placing the Hershey Kiss in the center. I had a couple bags of Hershey Kisses left from Christmas cookie baking since they were on sale and then I picked up 3 more bags this week at Giant Eagle because they were $1/bag! I'll definitely be making these cookies again soon!

1 comment:

jeanie said...

Thanks for the recipe. I wanted one without the shortening. I am going to use whole wheat pastry flour and turbino sugar but I think it will work out. Cute blog.