Sunday, January 11, 2009

Orange Chicken with Veggies and Rice

I loooove vegetables.  I really, really do.  I like mixing tons of random veggies into meals.  I previously tried this with a store bought marinade and it was good, but then I got a home made orange sauce and it was so much better.  Plus there weren't all kinds of preservatives which is always a plus.  

I just cut up some chicken and cooked it in a saucepan and then added veggies like carrots, water chestnuts, bamboo chutes, broccoli, and mushrooms.  Then I made this awesome sauce and poured a bit on top.  I don't like my food to be drenched in any kind of sauce, so you may use more if you like.  It was delicious and I've been eating it for days!

Orange Sauce
3 tablespoons flour (to thicken the sauce-may need more if you want the sauce to be thicker)
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup sherry
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger


All I can say is it's yummy, yummy, yummy!  A new favorite for me :)

No comments: