Saturday, January 17, 2009

A little update.

When the new year hit, we received emails, texts, calls, etc wishing us a "Happy and Healthy New Year."  We've got the happy part down, but are seriously struggling with being healthy.  I've been sick since Dec 28th.  That's 21 days today.  21 days.  This is nuts!  Granted, it has gotten much better, but still 3 weeks.  I haven't had a healthy day in 2009 yet haha.  For nearly two weeks I could barely speak.  It was so rough and scratchy.  I'm almost better, but still have this incessant cough/clearing of my throat that seems to not want to go away.  My energy is finally almost back to normal.  

I'm proud to say that even being very sick at one point, I didn't miss a day of work.  The weekends seemed to hit just when I felt like I needed more rest.  Sure, working meant cleaning, etc took a backseat, but sometimes that happens.  I still made dinner most nights, but my days have mostly consisted of working and resting.  

When Andrew visited, we recruited him to help take the tree outside.  I took down all of the ornaments and the boys took off the lights and took the tree out for garbage.  This was only last week.  If you were to visit, we still have all of our other Christmas decorations up.  I haven't had the energy to take them down.  Last Friday I finally got around to cleaning the whole house and that wiped me out.  With the snow that arrived this week, the Christmas decorations seemed more fitting, haha.  Since we have a 3 day weekend, I'm planning on getting them put away this weekend.  We'll see if that actually happens.  :P

It's been so cold here.  Like freezing.  Actually yesterday it was 30 degrees below freezing.  With the addition of wind chills, it felt like it was in the negative 20's.  BRR!

Cadi is probably thanking her lucky stars that she's strictly an indoor cat, haha!  She's often found sleeping on this blanket, curled up under a blanket in our bed, or hangin' out in front of the heater vent in the living room.

Here are (sadly) the only photos we have from Andrew's visit.  We had lots of fun hanging out, exploring a weird mini golf place, and the boys played video games like it was their job!

Thursday we got a few more inches of snow.  I was so excited!  I kept looking out the windows watching the big fluffy flakes fall.  It's so peaceful when no one is outside and you can just watch the snow fall and fall.  I love it!  I love the calm, quiet nights when snow is falling.  It's one of my favorite times to be outside.  Peter watched as I kept going and standing by the windows and suggested we take a little walk.  It was after 10 and we were getting read for bed, but decided to go.  So we bundled up in our boots, coats, multilayers and hats and went out.  It was bitter cold out though, so we didn't stay out long.  It was so much fun.  I'm so glad he suggested it!  

Not a fabulous picture of either of us, but a great memory that I wanted to capture!

We realized how cute our block is at night.  Most folks have lights of some sort in windows or solar lights or porch lights and it just sets such a nice little scene.  

Here's my adorable hubby enjoying the snow:

Our snow boots have finally been seeing some action!

I love this picture.  Kind of like Footprints in the Sand.

I'm so glad that we're both feeling better (yes I even got Peter sick).  And we have a nice long 3 day weekend ahead!  Peter's at a consulting job right now, but will be home shortly after lunch.  I feel bad that he has to work on a Saturday, but it's separate from his regular full-time job, so he has to work around that.  Plus he took yesterday off to rest up since he was sick and working so hard too.  So he says it's not too bad :)

And I just realized that I had started several blog posts during my low energy times and never got around to finishing them and posting them.  So I just did that too.  So you might see a few other new posts too, haha.

No comments: