Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sweatin' It Out

Unfortunately Peter didn't get better yesterday.  In fact he got worse.  After work we decided it was best not to go to the farm with Jeff and Steph.  We took a rain check for another time.  When we got home, I made him some oatmeal and put him in bed.  He fell asleep within 10 minutes and I sat beside him watching tv and random things.  He woke up a few times and was very confused as to what time it was.  He kept thinking it was the middle of the night and it was only 7 pm.  He actually got a pretty high fever around 10 (101.4 degrees) and threw up because of it.  I felt so bad for him.  The rest of the night consisted of giving him water and putting cool damp cloths on his forehead.  He was burning up but said he had the chills on the inside so it was hard to battle.  He took a shower at like 11 and changed all of his clothes.  I had changed the bedclothes too so everything was clean.  He felt good after that and was a bit talkative so it was good to see him feeling better.  He was pretty comatose the rest of the evening.  He wanted to get up and do stuff and I had him sit on the bed and within 5 minutes he laid down and was fast asleep.  I grabbed some dinner for myself at that time and hit the sack myself.  

This morning he was feeling much better but still has a bit of a fever-around 99-100 degrees.  I'm just glad he's feeling better.  He wants to rake leaves and go bowling today haha but I don't think that'll happen.  Rest, rest, and more rest is all he's going to do the rest of the day.  I'm in the midst of washing all the multiple sets of sheets, pjs, towels, rags, etc that we went through.  And I hope to run out to Lowe's to get a washer for our toilet that still is leaking a bit.  Luckily, we don't have to dig up the floor or anything.  We'll have to repaint a lil piece in the kitchen next weekend after it dries out real good but other than that we just need a new washer.  Thank goodness!  

No comments: