Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wreath Making

Well today at work was a bit nuts--had to go to the client's again which is no fun.  But I got to leave early!  I came home at 4 because by the time I made it back to the office, I'd just be leaving again to go home.  So I ditched the office and went right home!  :D  Then I decided to make a wreath with the materials I picked up on the way home yesterday.  I had stopped at Michael's and got just a plain grapevine wreath on sale for 2 bucks and 3 bunches of mixed florals in fall colors from their "tuscan" collection which I love.  They were all 50% off so I spent $7.50 for all three bunches.  I also picked out some ribbon but realized when I got to the car that the girl never rang it up after she cut it from the spool.  It was hot and I didn't feel like going back in.  Oh well.  So $10 for the wreath and I don't even think I'll be using the ribbon for this project.  I got out my hot glue gun but didn't even use it.  I just snipped the wires long enough to wedge in the wreath.  Took about 15 minutes to do and here's my finished product.  Now I just have to decide if I like it this way or to put flowers the whole way around.  I think I'll keep it like this though because I like the brown showing too.
And I still have left overs for more projects or to do a full wreath haha..

Now I'm off to make Peter a yummy dinner or salmon cakes, asparagus, and rice because he's been working his (cute) little hiney off!


No comments: