Friday, November 9, 2007

There's no place like home.

Boy, is that true!  Tonight "The Wizard of Oz" was on TV.  We watched the last half of it until Peter fell asleep.  I realized that I have yet to see the entire movie the whole way through in one sitting.  When I was younger, I'd skip the scary part with the witch in her castle with the flying monkeys.  It was so scary!!
Last night we had a nice salmon dinner that was sooo yummy.  I used my mom's recipe with raspberry pecan sauce on it.  YUM!  I also baked some brownies for when Pastor Tim came over around 730.  We had a really nice talk with him and were able to get to know him a bit and vice versa.  It was a nice visit!  We're really connecting with folks at Hebron which is an answered prayer for us.  We hope to continue to get more involved too.  

I was hoping that my 3 Karen Kingsbury books were going to arrive today....I ordered them online last week! I sure hope I get them before our trip to Naples. My super great Christmas present is also supposed to arrive shortly. I'm so excited! I hope everything works at work and I'm able to take my planned time off over the week of Christmas. 

I vented to Peter through texts while I was having the new employees in orientation watching videos.  Peter was great encouragement to me and reminded me to trust God and that he knew this would happen.  After work was finally over, I pretty  much dominated the conversation on the car ride home with verbally venting how things went at work.  I was glad that Peter was patiently listening and encouraging me and allowing me to get it off my chest.  When we got home, Peter went back out to grab some things at the store.  While he was gone, I called Emily and was able to catch up with her for a bit.  I really miss her and wish VA wasn't so far away!  I can't believe she gets all summers off...I'm a bit jealous haha.  I totally chose the wrong profession.  I hope to get down to visit her sometime soon...I've just been so busy up here!  

While I was talking to her, Peter came home and I didn't even realize it since I was upstairs on the phone.  He ended up making me a sweet and romantic dinner with pasta, salad and cheese bread.  It was very yummy.  I couldn't eat much of the salad though because my teeth and gums are still kind of sensitive.  He lit a bunch of candles throughout the dining room and dimmed the light before I came down--so sweet!  It was wonderful.  I was able to enjoy a great dinner in a very personal and romantic setting, and even be in my pjs!  After dinner, my sweetheart even cleaned up the dining room and kitchen.  He even washed the pots and pans and ran the dishwasher!  It was kind of odd for me to sit and do nothing but it was a nice surprise, especially after the long day at work.  My husband is AMAZING.  

After dinner, we had a great evening together, laughing, wrestling, watching movies, and cuddling.  It was so nice to just be able to forget about the week and rest in the arms of my love :)  He's such a great encouragement to me.  Before he left for the grocery store, he told me that I should vent to God and tell him how I feel and pray about the situation.  What an awesome reminder and suggestion.  I love him so much.


No comments: