Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year! (and also the BUSIEST!)


I think that ever since December 1st hit, God has hit fast forward on my life!  Not that it's a bad thing, but this month is really flying by.  Sometimes I wish I could just hit slow motion and enjoy this season a little more.  Don't get me wrong....I'm thoroughly enjoying myself...it's just every day goes by in what seems like a blink of an eye.  I love the decorations for Christmas and the shopping and wrapping gifts...but I think one of my favorite "materialistic" things about Christmas time is baking cookies!  I have fond memories of baking cookies with my sister and mom.  My sister actually came here last night...after she got lost in the city haha, and she's going to help me make cookies this morning.  Then she has to leave and Peter and I have a date in the city tonight!  

This past week we've been watching tons of Christmas movies after work and wrapping presents and listening to Christmas songs.  Last night we went to "Imagine Christmas" at our old church, Chippewa E Free.  It was great!  Every year they do a Christmas drama performance with singers, dancers, etc but they also include a message because it's during regular church time spots.  This year they added one on Friday night because they just get packed out.  I didn't think it was going to be too crowded...we got there early around 7 (it started at 7:30) and it was already almost filled to capacity-wow!  It was an hour and a half long and really got you in the REAL Christmas spirit.  I enjoy Frosty and Santa and Scrooge and watching cheesy movies about love and Christmas etc....but it was really good to get into the true meaning of Christmas and focus on the birth of Christ and that very first Christmas morning so long ago.  I'm so glad we went :-)  

No comments: