Monday, December 17, 2007

Date Night in the City :D

As one of my Christmas presents for Peter this year, I gave him quality time :) It was scheduled for this past Saturday evening. I arranged dinner reservations at Palomino's-a restaurant in the heart of the city. I also got tickets to see "A Musical Christmas Carol" at the Byham Theater. It wasn't very Christmassy when we woke up, but by the time we left, we had just enough snow on the ground/trees to set the mood for a romantic Christmastime evening. We had to kind of zig-zag down streets to get to the city because the parkway was very backed up...but we made it!

Here's us setting out for an night of fun:


Peter's sooo happy that we're at Palomino's...


As am I :)


Peter's even more happy that his Brick Oven Baked Tomato & Basil Penne arrived!


And I'm really enjoying my Pan Roasted Chicken Marsala-yum!


Both of our dinners, with house salads was less than $50 with tax, etc. What a great dinner! The food was absolutely delicious! Peter enjoyed his Penne this year much more than what he had last year when we went to Palomino's for Light Up Night...I think because it wasn't spicey this time. I had Chicken Marsala both times because it was so yummy...even more than I remembered it being the first time!

We squished into the same side of the booth for a quick after dinner snapshot:


Us all dressed up the lobby outside the restaurant. :D


There was a local choir singing Christmas hymns prior to the show starting at 8. We got there at 7:30 and it was a pleasant surprise!


A little blury but this is us at the Byham. We had really great seats for $75 total. We were in the first row of the gallery so no one was in front of us and we even had the banister in front of us too. I much prefer the semi-high seats because then you don't have to shift around in your seat trying to see over someone's head haha.


On the way home it was raining (I wish it was SNOWING!) It was still chilly though but I had us stop infront of this lit up courtyard that you can faintly see behind us for one last picture to capture the evening.


We were going to stop at a coffee shop after the show, but everything was closed...which was weird because it was only 10:05 PM. Even Starbucks was closed? I could have sworn that it was opened until 11 on Saturdays up in Monaca...so I really expected it to be open in the city? Oh well...we just headed home instead. It was a really great night out in the city with each other. We had tons of fun and enjoyed ourselves immensely!

No comments: