Monday, October 13, 2008

Super Fun Weekend :)

This weekend was a spontaneous fun-filled weekend.  Originally, every weekend in October was booked for us visiting with family/friends, etc but that has drastically changed and we've gotten a few free weekends to ourselves.  We took advantage of our weekend and started it off Friday after work.  We went to dinner at Eat N Park, I know a little grandpa-like, but they had Clam Chowder soup which we both love and we split our favorite Chicken Portobello Mushroom Hoagie.  After dinner we walked around the Waterfront again.  It was so nice because it was getting dark and they had all the lights on the trees etc.  It's basically like white Christmas lights that they leave up year-round.  It set a very nice atmosphere :)  We even saw some newlyweds getting pictures by the fountain.  So sweet!  We also scored some sweet deals while shopping.  Peter got a nice heavy jacket and I got 2 pairs of jeans for $20.  I wore one of them out on Saturday and they are now my new favorites haha.  Upon arriving home, we turned out all the lights, cuddled up on the couch and watched a movie - "Fools Gold".  Ridiculous happenings in the movie, but a fun Friday night unwinding movie.  

Saturday morning we just lounged around at home for a bit in the morning.  Peter played a game or two of "Warcraft" and I crocheted some more of the scarf I'm making myself for this year.  In the afternoon, we headed north to good ol' Beaver County.  Peter met up with his friends Stuck and Barney and I went shopping!  I scored a cute skirt, two tops, and two shirts for my dad for less than $30 thanks to the clearance markdowns :)  After 2 hours, Barney, Peter and I went to The Wooden Indian for dinner.  Barney had never been there, but I've been going since we moved to NB in 3rd grade.  They even have much of the same staff there haha.  It's such a yummy place to eat.  I just love it!  After a nice time of chatting and catching up with Barney a bit, we split ways.  Peter dropped me off at Walmart to get a few groceries and he ran across the street to Circuit City.  Then we headed home to watch another movie.  Peter surprised me with renting 3 on Friday :)  This time we watched "21".  Very interesting to watch, but I think Peter would've preferred if I didn't keep pausing it to ask questions :P haha.  

Sunday we went to church and heard a great sermon from Pastor Tim continuing with the theme of prayer.  The main point that I liked was the point of praying with expectation.  And that it's actually respectful to God to be praying for "big" things because it acknowledges his mighty power and capability to answer those prayers.  So true!  Sometimes, I personally get bogged down with "smaller" prayers.  Though it's ok to pray for things like Peter's eye and work to go well etc, there are so many bigger issues out there to also pray about.  A good reminder and a good motivational sermon :)

We took this picture after church because we kinda matched.  We both must've been thinking about fall because we were in browns :)  Even though it looks like my sweater is black, it's actually brown, almost like the stripe on Peter's shirt so it's odd to look black here.  Oh well :P


After church, we came home and grabbed a bit to eat while waiting for a lady to come look at our hot tub.  We're trying to sell it to rip out that area and make more of a back yard.  The main problem is how to move it so we'll have to see.  She seemed interested though and said she was going to call around for moving help.  

Then we headed to McConnell's Mill!  We hiked around for a mile or so and then chatted at a picnic table for a bit.  The hike was a little intense since we're both out of shape and half of it was uphill haha.  Peter also taught me how to play frisbee!  I know, pathetic-but I've never played.  The entire afternoon was a very fun adventure! :)

The park was kind of crowded because it was a gorgeous fall day, but we had a lot of fun.  The trees were all changing and as we hiked we could hear the rustling of leaves under our feet.  Ahh, I love fall!!

Here are some of our favorite shots from our fun afternoon...



Part of the trail we walked down to see the old mill.

Of course we had to stop for a quick photo in the park :)  We had some lady take our picture, but for some reason no one understands "push halfway to focus and then push to take the picture"...so it didn't really take haha.  Oh well, Peter has gotten good at these self shots :)

It's so cool because you hike right under rocks and stuff.  Such a fun park!

Peter took this shot particularly to get the red tree in the distance.

Another shot from the trail:

The wagon outside the old mill:

These couple of pictures don't even capture the beauty of the park yesterday.





Us by the mill.  I think Peter was still in shock that this family had lifted there 2 young boys over the fence and walked them down to the water.  You're definitely not supposed to do this and the boys were not having fun.  Not sure why the parents did that?

A few shots from inside the mill:




More of the beautiful park...







This was our view from the picnic table we sat at:



These were probably the most beautiful trees in the park.  Doesn't this picture just scream fall?


And one last shot of us after the hike :)  I hate how my face gets all flushed haha

And the beautiful road exiting the park:

Then we headed home to grill hamburgers and hotdogs and watch the last movie rental - "The Promotion".  This was both of our least favorite of the three but still an ok movie.  I did my Sunday coupon clipping and crocheted more of my scarf while watching it, so to me it was more of a background movie.  Not one I really got into.  

We really did have a fabulous weekend hanging out together and doing random fun things.  We plan to go up to Moraine State Park next weekend to see the lake and changing leaves there.  It should be more seasonably cool next weekend as it hit 80 here this weekend.  A little too warm for fall for my liking haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures sis

Tim