Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Busy in the Kitchen

Another reason I really like fall is because I tend to spend more time in the kitchen. In the summer, it's more cold salads, grilled foods, etc to keep the a/c down and the house cool. When the cooler weather of fall arrives, before it's time to turn on the heat, it's a great time to bake and cook! At least in my opinion. :) Plus there are so many yummy things to make as fun "fall foods".

For instance, I baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies on Monday night while Peter and I watched "Definitely, Maybe". (The movie was pretty good, but not so great that I didn't mind having to keep pausing it to switch batches.) The cookies turned out delicious! Peter wasn't that much of a fan because he doesn't like pumpkin and spice flavors. I took this batch of cookies to Jerry as a (late) thank you for watching Cadi last month and then brought in the other half to work on Tuesday. They were gone in like an hour haha. I also kept a few at home for me of course! :)


Continuing with the yumminess of fall flavors, last night we had Baked Turkey Cutlets, Butternut Bowties, and Roasted/Pureed Cauliflower. Yum! :)


I got the cauliflower and butternut squash recipes a week or so ago while watching TV at home after one of Peter's several eye appointments. I took note of them because I knew I wanted to try them later. I gotta say they were quite tastey. :)

I also used up the rest of my few apples and made homemade applesauce last night. I think I'll use it tomorrow night and make a pork roast with applesauce. Sounds yummy, huh?

In other news, beyond the kitchen of our house, our roof is finally finished. I'm happy about that. Not too thrilled about them tearing up my yard and garden though as they "cleaned up". Peter's working out the details of how to rectify that situation though. :) I'm glad I have him because I can get fired up about things like that rather quickly and could chew the roofer out in no time. Peter is much more level headed and deals wonderfully in these kinds of situations. Just another reason God paired us up I guess :)

And besides that, we've just been working and attending weekly eye appts for Peter. His eye seems to be doing better, but we'll see whether or not he needs another needle procedure on Weds. And I'm afraid that the cold bug is nipping at my heels. For the past few days I've been feeling progressively more like a cold is coming. I've even popped an Advil Cold & Sinus on 2 different days. I've always had horrible allergies and am actually quite surprised that I've been able to fend off the cold for this long. Usually I'm sick by September. Making it more than halfway through October is quite the accomplishment for me. We've also gotten these air fresheners at work all over the place that I was highly allergic too so I'm afraid that has not helped the problem. Fortunately, yesterday I voiced that I couldn't take it anymore and the air fresheners are now gone. Each time they spritzed the fragrance I started hacking my lungs out and I had shortness of breath with difficulty breathing. As much fun as that was every 36 minutes (literally, it's one of those Air Wick things "every 9 18 or 36 minutes"), I just couldn't take it anymore.

So that's really all that's going on in our lives as of late. Hope everyone else is enjoying fall as much as we are :)

No comments: