Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Short Version of "Weekend"

Peter had to attend a meeting at work yesterday.  And since I've been using a few hours of PTO every week for taking Peter to the eye doctor, I figured I'd go in to my work and make a few of those hours back.  It was Saturday so no one would be there.  I played music loud enough to actually sing along as I worked.  And I wore a hoodie and lounge pants.  It was actually an easy work session.  Unfortunately, his meeting was a little longer than expected and he did some work at his boss's house and after 6 hours, it was finally time to leave.  On any other work day, that would've been fine, except this was Saaaaaturday.  We're not supposed to work on Saturday haha.  I actually did get much accomplished at work though which was good.

After work we went up to the Schindel's and met Grice and we all hung out for a while.  It was great fun!  Steph and I went shopping for a bit to have "girl time" and left the guys at home for some "guy time".   :)  It was great to catch up with them and meet Grice and share an evening together.  We had a yummy dinner, great conversation, and laughed hysterically quite a few times.  We also ate brownies and played Mad Gab.  I don't think I've ever laughed that hard during a game and think that Jeff and Grice should always be on the same team!  haha  

Peter and I didn't get home til pretty late and were wiped out so headed right for bed.  When we woke up this morning I felt awful.  I've been fighting off a cold for a good solid week now and the mornings are the worst.  My head felt 5 times its normal size and I was extremely dizzy when I tried to get up.  Not to mention every bone in my body ached.  After taking some ibuprofen I felt better, but still not up to doing anything but lay in bed.  Peter went to church without me and I was bummed to miss it.  Especially since Pastor Tim was preaching today and I really love his sermons.  I'll have to get a dvd copy of it on Tuesday.  I didn't even make it out of bed before Peter got back from church at a little after noon.  He helped me get downstairs and I just laid on the couch and eventually had some lunch.  By 3 or so I was starting to get some energy back.  But that didn't last too long haha.  I spent my day in my pjs and robe watching Lifetime movies on the couch haha.  Peter was a trooper and even cuddled up with me for the last movie about the life of Tim Binion.  It was pretty good, but my favorite part was just sharing a blanket with my hubby and having the living dark except for a lit candle and the movie playing.  :)

I can't believe it's back to the daily grind tomorrow.  Somehow I feel jipped of a whole weekend since I worked 6 hours on Saturday.  Oh well, I guess it all evens out with taking a half day off each week :P

No comments: