Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

No yard work this past weekend.  It rained all day on Saturday and then Sunday we had other things to do.  

On Saturday we did some shopping.  I had to get a baby shower gift and we also went grocery shopping and stopped at Dollar Tree.  In the afternoon I was so tired so I took a nap for about an hour.  It felt good but at the end of the day, it didn't feel like I got much accomplished.  I guess I needed a rest day since I've been doing so much work on the weekends lately.  

Sunday was the celebration day for the Going Higher ministry at church.  Peter gave a brief testimony as to what we were contributing to the $2 million needed for expanding and updating the two church buildings.  It's so awesome to see a rapidly growing church near the city.  The church we used to go to was also growing rapidly but they had tons of space and land around to expand.  Hebron doesn't have as much, but they have some great ideas going.  We're excited to be a part of it all and experiencing it.  After church we came home and just relaxed.  We watched U.S. Marshalls and just bummed around.  Peter picked up a great weight set that I had found on Craigslist.  It has weights, a stand for the weights, 2 dumbbell bars, 1 barbell bar and clips.  They were asking $100 and Peter got it for $60!  Compared to what you'd pay at Dick's or Dunham's, it was a really great deal.  

Again the weekend flew by.  I can't believe it's already May.  Andrew is coming this weekend so that's something to look forward to.  Peter can watch 3 Stooges and Pinky & the Brain with him :) 

No comments: