Monday, November 24, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Last night I made Chicken Cordon Bleu and it was delicious!  Here's the recipe if you're interested in trying it.  It's super easy and super tasty!

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
1/2 lb. ham (cubed)
1/2 lb. swiss cheese (cubed)
1/4 cup white wine
1 tsp. parsley
salt 
pepper
breadcrumbs
1/2 cup milk

***Tip:  At our last grocery shopping trip, I had Peter get a half pound of ham and swiss cheese from the deli, just a big chunk cut off.  And then when we got home that day I was making a few different things (chicken noodle soup, tuna noodle casserole and prepping beef stroganoff for the next day) s oI just took another minute and cubed up the ham and cheese and put them back in the baggy until I was ready to use them.  

1.  Cut a slit in each chicken breast lengthwise.
2.  Mix the swiss cheese, ham, white wine, and parsley in a small bowl.  Add salt and pepper to taste.


3.  Fill in the chicken pockets with the ham and cheese cubes.
4.  Dredge chicken in milk and then breadcrumbs.  Then place in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

As you can see, I needed two pans.  And I only made 5 pieces of chicken because that's how much I had defrosted.

5.  Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.  
***Tip: Cut a piece of chicken open to make sure it's done if you're not sure.

Close-up shot.  Look how yummy with the melted cheese and ham flavor!

I served mine with fresh cut green beans (cut by my helpful hubby) and baby red mashed potatoes.  You can actually see the steam coming off the dinner in this picture.


And since this recipe makes 6 full chicken breasts, we had plenty for left overs.  I packed up one meal for my lunch today and put the rest in tupperware in the fridge for later.  These would also freeze well for quick meals later on if you want.

No comments: