Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend Recap

Last night I listened to the rainfall until I fell asleep and awoke to the sound of rain still falling.  It was so peaceful and relaxing and I absolutely loved it!  It wasn't storming or a trickle of a rain, but just a nice and steady, smooth falling rain.  So calming.  It was a great way to end a great day.  

We spent the day running errands in the morning and then yard work and hanging out with Barney in the afternoon.  We went to pick up my contacts at GE Optical and while Peter had his exam (just to make sure things were still 20/20), I went grocery shopping.  Afterwards, we stopped quickly at Lowe's to get some more topsoil for our afternoon grass planting project.  Turns out that I'm really not good at estimating those sort of things, which I already knew, but was really re-enforced haha.  We bought 4 40lb bags at Lowe's and had to get 4 more 40lb bags from the nursery right down the street since we didn't want to go all the way out to Lowe's again.  The nursery is great, but more expensive so I always opt for Lowe's.  Even after 10 bags, we didn't cover all the areas that I had originally intended to take care of.  Oh well.  We nearly ran out of grass seed also so stopped at a good point and will take care of the right side of the front yard this coming week or weekend.  

I made a veggie tray and fruit salad with some of the produce I purchased and we had that and grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches for lunch.  Afterwards, we did the yardwork.  When we called it a day, we came in and had BBQ pulled pork and homemade mac n cheese for dinner.  I could smell the pork cooking all day in the crock pot and it was great to finally sit down and eat!  We watched "The Guardian" with Barney since he also recommended it.  And after the success of "Over the Hedge" we trusted his opinion even more haha.  "The Guardian" was a really good movie, parts unexpected, and had me intrigued the entire time.  After Barney left, Peter and I spent the rest of the night having a quiet time by ourselves.  

The rain stopped today as we headed out to church and never picked back up even though it looked threatening at a few points and was forecasted to storm.  After a great church service, we stopped at Lowe's again for more grass seed and used one of our gift cards from Christmas to have lunch at Damon's.  After lunch we returned home for a lazy Sunday afternoon.  

This evening after eating dinner Peter and I went for a walk around our neighborhood.  It was the perfect weather for a lovely stroll.  Warm, but still a crisp breeze which I really enjoy.  It was a nice time to just enjoy the weather and have a nice chat with each other.  Upon returning home, we sat outside for a bit and discussed our plans for landscaping projects that we'll be doing in the coming weeks.  It's very exciting to see all the work we've been doing and to talk about all that we have planned to do.  I really like sharing ideas and planning our house and lives together.  

We had devotions after returning inside which was also really great.  It's nice to be able to connect with each other and the Lord each evening for a little bit.  It really puts my heart in the right place before going to sleep and I can really see the connection that we've been building just in the past 2 weeks.  I also really enjoy coming together as husband and wife in prayer for each other, our family and our friends.  I can't explain how comforting it is to be able to present my worries, anxieties, fears, gratitude, etc to God.  It's such a blessing to be able to do so.  

So after a great weekend, it's time to go back to reality.  Work tomorrow which means bedtime now.

No comments: