Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Early Shift

We had an early work day today of 7:30-3:30 so I had a nice long evening and took advantage of it by planting all of the flowers I purchased on Monday.  This year I decided not to do a big mix of various types of flowers and opted for all petunias.  They did the best last year and so I didn't want to mess with the others that didn't do as well.  I bought various shades of pinks, purples and mixed them with white.  I filled all 11 flower pots I have too.  It looks great!  I even put my big planter pot on our front porch this year.  I had spray painted it last year but it was after I did all my planting so it didn't get used.  It matches our house so great too since it was originally a beige shade and I spray painted it with the same can I used on my light switches in the living room which was a bronze/brown mix.  I didn't spray it solid so some of the beige would show through.  It pairs lovely with the shutters and trim we selected last year.  I was so excited!  I also did some sporadic clean up in different areas of trimming down plants, etc.  Peter joined me in working on trimming branches of the trees that scrape against the house.  I am so pleased with all the work we've been able to get done so far and it's still early Spring!  I've taken a bunch of "before" pictures so that we can compare when all is done. 

No comments: