Monday, April 21, 2008

Home Landscaping

At the end of the Spring season last year I bought a bunch of clearance tulips that were bloomed for about 50 cents each.  I knew if I planted the bulbs they'd come up again this year.  While not all of them have bloomed yet, I am excited to see more color pop up with each day!  This is my flower garden in the front of the house.  There is actually something coming up that I'm not sure what it is.  I recognize the things I planted at the end of the year last year but not sure about this one particular thing so I've been keeping my eye on them.  I also bought a shepherd's hook at Lowe's last weekend and put the bird bath I bought last year from Kirkland's around Christmas time for real cheap.  It looks so great!

Here's a close up of the bird bath.  :) 


In the center of this picture behind the yellow tulips is the mystery plant that I didn't plant last year and don't remember blooming before.  I see my other perennials coming up that I planted but this one has me a bit confused haha.  I'm thinking it might be something that blooms biannually, which would explain why I've never seen it.  

I love yellow tulips :)


My phlox is finally bloomed also!  I'm so glad to see it all over the front and back yards.  So pretty :)


Here's a lonely little daffodil under one of our pine trees.  Pretty, but the regular golden daffodils are my favorite.  


We have vinca periwinkle growing in a few spots in our yard.  This is what we plan on putting on the hillside in our back yard.  I can't wait to start that project.  Originally we were going to hire our landscaper from last year who put in our retaining wall to do it, but have decided to do it ourselves.  We are having people help us too which will be a great help!  The more we thought about it, the more we couldn't rationalize paying someone to do something we could try ourselves.  It's not like it takes a special degree, tools, etc to do.  Just manpower.  

This is a bit blurry, but a closer look at the periwinkle.  

This weekend we'll be doing more yard work and I can't wait to get all our projects done!



No comments: