Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This week is flying by!

Part of me feels like the days in this week are dragging on, but then I realize that it's Wednesday night and then I think great-2 more days of work then another weekend!  The bonus for this weekend is that I have Monday off for MLK Day!  Peter should have off but is working so that he can have Presidents Day off when we go to Chicago.   

I'm totally pumped about our trip out to Chicago to see Andrew.  I've always enjoyed traveling around, but now I've actually taken a liking to flying.  At first I was terrified of it and my first flying trip to CA was awful, but now that I've flown a couple more times, I actually like it.  I've also been able to gage how to pack my carry-on luggage better.  At first I only checked my biggest bag, but now I check everything except for my purse and tote with a book, etc in it.  It's so nice to not have to lug around my weekend bag that I usually have with our shampoos, shoes, and all extras like that in.  I don't know why I didn't just check that one before too?  Oh well, you live and learn. :)  I have 2 Karen Kingsbury books to bring with me for our trip.  One I just started this week and the other one I haven't started yet.  They are books 2 and 3 in the "Forever Faithful" series.  I read book 1 while on our anniversary trip to Naples.  

Besides planning for our long weekend in February, we've made plans to visit with aunt Paula either this weekend or next and also to go out on February 9th to dinner and a movie with the Schindel's.  My birthday and Steph's are both the first week of Feb so it'll be a bit of a birthday celebration.  We're going to the Waterfront to see "29 Dresses" (my choice haha) and to eat at PF Chang's.  I've never eaten there but have always been curious and after being informed from Emily that it's amazing, I've gotta try it haha.  Who knows what else we'll do, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Aside from our calendar filling up, we've been watching more of 24's Season 6.  I love coming home after work and throwing on sweats, making dinner, and being a couch potato with Peter.  I think I'm especially enjoying it this week because I'm still taking it a bit slow and Peter's having an extra hectic week of work so it's nice to just relax and veg out.  

No comments: