Saturday, January 5, 2008

Little by little....

...I am feeling better.  When I wake up in the mornings I feel pretty good and think I'm better than I actually am.  But then showering and getting ready for the day still exhausts me and puts me in better perspective of how well I really am.  I hate that haha.  I want to be better already!  It's been a week!  Oh well...

Yesterday I actually worked the entire day at work, but boy I was beat afterwards.  Luckily I didn't have orientation or anything like that going on, but just having to keep concentrated on things wore me out.  I have a really understanding boss though and she told me not to push it and just take it easy.  I actually wore sweatpants and just a plain shirt with a little white zip up and was pretty comfy so that was nice.  After work I was soooo excited to see Peter.  It was the longest I've been away from him in like 2 weeks.  I was really spoiled on seeing him so much!  I'm glad he isn't work at Apple anymore when there would be days that would go by and we would just be passing each other on the way in/out.  We came home right after work and ate dinner and watched some TV and a movie.  It was really all I was up for after the whole day of work and still being sick.  My energy level is so low.  :-/

Today was a really fun day with Peter too!  We slept in a little bit and got out of bed around 10:30 because I had to eat some breakfast and take more meds.  Then we lounged around and leisurely got ready and went out shopping.  We had a couple of returns to do with some of the presents we got because of sizes, duplicates, etc.  So we stopped at Kohl's and got store credit back.  I then used a small portion of that credit to buy a new cute top.  Then we stopped at BedBath&Beyond to return a hamper my mom had gotten us for an anniversary present.  We had recently bought new hampers a few months ago so we didn't need it.  But it was a great thought!  While there, I did find matching cloth napkins to my fall tablecloth.  I had gotten the tablecloth back in the summer on the clearance rack for $7.99.  It was oval so I was super excited because that's the shape of our table.  I was surprised to find matching napkins on another clearance shelf so many months later.  It didn't have a price on it so I asked and they said $4.99.  It was on the 75% off rack but was only 50% off.  I didn't even notice (I think because I was excited to have found them) but Peter did.  Everything was already rung up though so we didn't go through the hassle.  It was a bittersweet purchase since I could have gotten them for $2.50 (half of what I paid!) hahaha....but sometimes you just have to say oh well.  I'm still pleased with the purchase :)  Our last stop was the mall to return a hat my mom got me.  It was super cute, but Peter had gotten me one almost exactly the same so I returned it and got a skirt instead for $2 more.  We looked for new tan pants for Peter since his have definitely seen better days, but we couldn't find any :(  We did find the thermal shirts  at Gap that he likes though on sale for $17.99 but are going to wait a bit longer because they should get even cheaper.  

It felt so late when we were leaving the mall but it was only 4:30.  We had only been out for 3.5 hours but I told him I was feeling tired so we headed for home.  We stopped at GE for some groceries and more (yes more) Advil Cold & Sinus and Juicey Juice haha.  When we got home it was just after 5 PM.   We ordered Papa Johns for dinner and ate while watching "Friends with Money"....a weird movie but has a pretty good message in it about money not equalling happiness.  Then we watched "Hitch" and "Mrs. Doubtfire" on TV.  They were on at the same time so we were flipping back and forth because we've both seen each of them.  

In other news I've finally got around to updating our web.mac.com/pjformic site.  I've gotten all of our photo albums up on it from about Summer until now.  It looks great...if I do say so myself :) 

No comments: