Thursday, June 10, 2010

San Francisco, Day 4 - part 2!

We stopped at Grace Cathedral today on the way home from the Botanical Gardens. It was fun to get to see the inside of the church!

There was a giant labyrinth at the entrance to the cathedral. It's supposed to help you focus and meditate. Peter and I tried it, but after about 2 minutes, I was done! There were too many people doing it at once and I got dizzy so I stopped.



I love stained glass windows. They're just so beautiful, especially when the sun hits them.

The archways in this church were also beautiful.



More beautiful stained glass:

This is a bit hard to see, but this was a nativity they had set up behind glass. I just love nativity scenes.

An opened bible:

I think this was a holy water basin.

I love the character that comes with old churches.



I thought this was a cool shot looking down one of the sides of the cathedral.


Peter had an early evening session to go to, as well as a concert this evening That meant it was just me for dinner. I didn't mind though sin e I got to spend all morning and some of the afternoon with him! Plus, WWDC is the entire reason for the visit anyways!

I watched some TV and lounged around the hotel room until I was left to decide what to do for dinner. The Chicken Marsala from Pucinni & Pinetti on the first night was so delicious that I decided to order room service and have it again! I should've taken a picture of it, but it was so yummy that I gobbled it down before thinking about it! I think I did post a picture from the first time I had it though.

I decided to totally veg out in the hotel this evening. Have I mentioned that I'm loving this break from work?! Because I am! I also like not being at home because if I were there, I'd probably be cleaning or something haha.

No comments: