Friday, December 26, 2008

Brandywine River Museum

Last year while in Philly, Peter and I went to Longwood Garden's with Andrew. We had so much fun that we decided to do something similar and go to Brandywine. Tim, Vasti, and Bella came with us this year! Although Bella was being a bit tired/grumpy, we still had a fun day and it was great to just hang out with everyone. Vasti and I have never been to Brandywine so it was fun for us to visit for the first time.

I took this picture from inside the lobby on the first floor. I can't believe I didn't get any reflections from the glass in the photo. For some reason this picture is really peaceful to me. I think water is so relaxing and the barren trees and gray atmosphere are something I could just sit and look at and let my thoughts run wild.

It was cool to see the big train set up that Brandywine has. Here are a few photos from that room:




I took this picture because my dad works for Norfolk Southern (a railroad company) and he drives the forklift so this would be him in the little miniature town:

I spotted an old Conrail engine and just had to take a picture of it :) Before the railroad became NS, it was Conrail :)

Here are a few of my favorite paintings from the third floor gallery. Apparently you're not supposed to take pictures? Oops! No one told me not to when I had my camera out haha.

Love this picture with the pumpkins in the countryside. Again, it's kinda like the gray picture at the beginning. Very nice to look at :)


With my love for cows, I had to capture this painting!

A self-shot of me and the hubby on the third floor:

This wreath was so pretty! I might try to make one like it for our front door next year for Fall/Christmas.

Andrew took this picture of me and Peter inside the lobby with the few Christmas trees:

You can tell in this picture that Bella was tired from having a long day at Mima's on Christmas and then having to walk all through Brandywine since no strollers are allowed. It was still fun though :)

On our way out, I noticed this and really just loved the simple beauty of it.

We were outside for a few minutes to see the cow and pig statues. Peter and Andrew are obviously very excited :P

Bella and her daddy pose on the cow:

Peter didn't want to be left out! haha

We decided to wrap up at Brandywine a little sooner than originally planned and opted to get some lunch.  Tim and Vasti suggested Ruby's diner and it was so yummy!  The set up was so cool too with everything being reminiscent of the 1950's.  Although the dresses that the waitresses wear could've been just a tad lower :P  I was happy to hear it was a chain restaurant and hoped to find one near Pittsburgh, but upon investigating their website, I found they're mostly in California.  The only PA locations are near Philly.  Bummer!  But it's somewhere we'll have to visit when in Philly now!

On our way home, I stopped into a Kohl's that we passed really quickly.  There was a nativity wall hanging that I saw earlier in the season for $20 and was going to buy, but was going to wait til the Christmas clearance sales.  Unfortunately I didn't make it to our Kohl's in time because when things went 60-70% off right before Christmas, they no longer had any.  I was super happy to find one at this Kohl's.  And even more happy that it rang up at less than $5!  I had a $5 coupon off any purchase so I left without paying a penny!  Can't be free :)

Then we stopped into Martindale's to visit Mom and Dad.  I was never in the store so it was cool to get a quick tour of the place.

Here's Dad hard at work.  He is great at customer service :)

And Mom was back in her office working on an awesome training Keynote presentation.

Another fun, but tiring day!

No comments: