Sunday, March 2, 2008

Movie Mania


Peter and I spent the weekend vegging out and watching tons of movies!  It was great since I wasn't feeling well.  We stayed in pjs most of the time and had a great time.  Some of the movies we watched were:
-Unfaithful
-Night At the Museum
-When a Man Loves a Woman
-Freaky Friday
-Arlington Road
-ConAir

I've seen ConAir (great movie!) and Freaky Friday before, but never any of the rest from this list.  I know we saw a few others, but I can't remember right now what they were.  

Arlington Road was a very good movie.  Tim Robbins-the main character in The Shawshank Redemption-was in it.  Along with Joan Cusack.  I think she's a great actress in the roles I've seen her as.  Mostly a mom and she's kind of kooky, but I definitely think it fits.  I don't want to give away any of the movie, but if you're looking for a good movie, I certainly recommend it!  

Unfaithful was also a good movie, but on the other end of the spectrum.  It was sad and had me feeling bad for Richard Gere's character the entire time.  I think that Connie-the main character-was just bored.  It wasn't like her husband was a workaholic who neglected her and her son.  Or an abusive husband or anything of the sort.  He was hardworking and a true family man.  The whole situation was just awful.  

When a Man Loves a Woman-also good.  We actually had a weekend full of really good movies.  And they were all on TV/HBO so we didn't pay a cent to watch them!  I love Meg Ryan and this movie really portrayed her differently than the whole romantic love story that I usually see her in.  And contrary to most movies, you weren't really sure if it was going to end "happily ever after".  I'm not going to tell you if it did either, just in case you didn't see it.  :P

I really had a great time resting with my hubby this weekend.  I can't believe it's Sunday night already and time to get ready for another work week.  Ah-time really does fly when you're having fun!

No comments: