Sunday, February 6, 2011

Church - early service style

This morning Peter and I went to the early service at Hebron. We've never been, but wanted to get a head start on our drive to Clearfield for the day. There were several times during the service where someone announced something along the lines of this not being what they usually do. With each mention of that, I got a growing feeling that God had us at this service for a reason. There are no accidents with God. While we "planned" on the early service to make it to Clearfield earlier, it wasn't really our plan at all. It was His. And I'm so thankful.

It's been a long time since a church service has moved me to tears. The Lord works in mysterious ways. He revealed Himself to me in a new way this morning. I may not be "feeling" how I think I should be, but that doesn't mean that God isn't working. Even during a "dry" period. I need to just continue to lay myself down and allow Him to work. I need to get out of His way. It was so moving and encouraging to see the body of Christ come together at church this morning. God heals. He heals physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. I have a refreshed and renewed spirit this morning.

Our God is greater.
Our God is stronger.
God you are higher than any other.

Our God is Healer.
Awesome in Power.
Our God.
Our God.

No comments: