Saturday, September 10, 2011

Return to the Fleas

Holy cow.  What a way to return from vacation!  We got home last night around 8 PM and we welcomed by a bazillion fleas!  UGH!  Literally, we walked in the door and I went upstairs and had at least 40 on my legs.  Peter had just as many and he didn't even move from the living room.  We immediately picked them off of us (gross!) and left the house.  Peter made arrangements for Cadi to stay in a friend's basement in a dog cage and he went back to bomb the house.  In the meantime, he checked me into a hotel for the night where I am now.  For the past month or so we've been battling the fleas.  We thought that they were gone before vacation, but I guess not!  So far we've tried everything and these bombs are our last resort.  We tried the natural non-chemical way, but that didn't work at all.  Part of it was to spray things with lemon water.  I'm pretty sure the fleas thought we were hosting a lemonade party because they didn't go anywhere.  Then we tried less aggressive means, but still nothing.  If these fogger bombs don't work, then I don't know what we'll do.  We joke about burning the house down, but that may have to be the next step haha.  I'm just hoping and praying this does it and we never see another flea as long as we live.  They really are driving me to the point of being totally neurotic.

No comments: