Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve In Hollidaysburg

I can't believe it's Christmas Eve! This morning we headed to Hollidaysburg bright and early. Peter needed a haircut so we wanted to make sure to make it to my dad's barber before he closed around noon. Peter dropped me off to do a little shopping (as always). I got a few last minute gifts and picked up a couple things for myself as well, haha. Then Peter and I headed to my parents and my sister and I went out shopping again. I can't believe how many people were out shopping on Christmas Eve. That's the first time in a few years that I've been out, but I guess stores are open and people are still finishing up with buying gifts.

Peter and I really miss being able to go to our own church for Christmas service so we decided to go to Grace Bible church at 6 PM. It was a candlelit service and was just wonderful to connect with the real meaning of Christmas.

Then we had our usual Christmas Eve gathering with my parent, siblings and their significant others/kids. My mom made a delicious dinner of stuffed shells, salad, and crab cakes. Yum, yum, and double yum!

We tried to making opening presents to not be as crazy as it usually is so that we could see what everyone gets, but it eventually got crazy. Not in a bad way, but just lots of people, lots of presents, lots of talking/laughing.

I'm not sure what Erik thought was funny, but I believe he was pointing at Mark in this picture...


And the presents begin...

Me and the love of my life :)

I think my dad is opening one of his several books that he received. Peter and I got him the new Tom Clancy book and he got 2 or 3 others books as well. No duplicates though! And nothing he's already read! He had just told my mom the week or so prior that he was about to end his last book. Talking about perfect timing! I'm sure the new books will keep him busy for a while.

Erik and Nichole...again looking at Mark and laughing...haha

Ashley got a "Modern Family" calendar from Mark, Jackie, and Christian. Dad asked it if was a record haha.

We bought Ashley the sunflower spoon rest and scarf while in Italy this past July. Hope she likes them because she can't return 'em!

Presents and trash quickly filled the entire living room!

Peter and I got a bunch of great presents including Euro Shams, sweaters, PJs, iTunes giftcards, the Willow Tree Nativity, James Taylor's Greatest Hits, and more!

After everyone except Peter, me, and my parents left, I spent some time putting our presents away in the corner of my old bedroom. We don't want to take them with us since we'll be back on Tuesday for a few days and can take them home then.

Then I put on my new PJs from Erik and Nichole and spent time hanging out with my mom in the living room. I always have to force myself to go to bed on Christmas Eve because we have to get up early to drive to Mima's. It's so nice to be with family and having a fun time. And it's only day one of our Christmas break!

No comments: