Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rainy Day

It has been raining all day today, with a few storms throughout.  I'm not complaining though.  I actually really enjoyed listening to the rainfall all day and watching the storms.  Last night it stormed too and we watch the lightning from our bed.  It really lit up the sky.

This morning we had a meeting at 8:30-10:30 about joining Hebron Church.  Next Sunday Peter and I will be joining.  The process for this church is actually pretty easy which I am glad for.  The meeting was really great and basically just sealed the deal for us.  We've been going there for a while but never had a formal meeting about the beliefs of the church, etc.  So after this morning we were both sure it's what we wanted to do.  

I was going to do some work outside but opted not to since it was raining.  I ended up taking a nap and lounging around for a while.  Peter and I also got a few random things checked off our "to-do" list.  We made the reservations for the house in NC for the week of Labor Day when we take our vacation with Tim, Vasti and Bella.  I'm really excited to be spending some extra time with them since I haven't really had the opportunity to yet outside of Christmases, Easters, etc.  I also talked to my mom and dad on the phone for a bit which was nice.  I think we might vacation with them in NC next year.  After doing a few more odds and ends, we made pesto pasta with grilled chicken and fresh green beans for dinner which was really yummy and then headed out to Kohl's and Barnes & Noble.  After our adventures out, we returned home and found a movie on TV to watch--"The River Wild".  We had both seen it before but it's been a while and now we're staying up late watching it til the end haha.  Hope we're not too tired tomorrow!

No comments: