Saturday, March 3, 2012

Creative Reuse Pittsburgh

I recently heard of Creative Reuse Pittsburgh and decided to check it out with a crafty gal friend of mine.  At first we were a little taken back.  When you walk in and see this picture, it can be a bit overwhelming.  

There were piles of random items that made no sense to us.  Luckily, Erin had the great idea to ask for a brief tour of the place which helped tremendously.

The store is based on donations so it's not like going to a regular craft store.  They had anything you could imagine and then some.  I'm pretty sure Erin left with 5 tons of craft paper haha.  I snagged some, but tried to contain myself since I knew I already had a bunch at home.

This is what I came home with.  5 pieces of 12"x12" scrapbook paper, 3 smaller pieces of scrapbook paper, 3 fabric scraps - bigger than fat quarters, especially the black polka dotted one, 1 new spool of white thread (can always use this - especially for 50 cents!), and about a dozen buttons.  Total cost?  Less than $5!  :)



No comments: