Saturday, February 11, 2012

Date Night!

Peter was going to take me to see "The Vow" for my birthday, but it wasn't in theaters yet.  So we had a delayed birthday date tonight.

We decided to eat first at Bravo around 3 and then see an earlier showing because we new things would get crowded later with it being the Saturday before Valentine's Day.  We had a delicious dinner.  I had Pasta Bravo with the sauce on the side since I don't like tons of sauce on my pasta.  Peter had Eggplant Parmesan.  We decided against dessert since I wanted to get some delicious movie theater popcorn.  

"The Vow" was a great movie.  I didn't realize it, but it was inspired by a true story.  When we came out of the theater, it was snowing and beautiful out.  We were at the Waterfront so they had all the Christmas lights on around the square.  We decided to walk over to Starbucks and grab some hot beverages.  The movie provoked great conversation about life, love, and marriage on the way home.  

We ended up stopping to help someone who ran out of gas on the way home.  Peter saw the car pulled over and helped them.  The man was grateful because he had a young son in the back of his car and didn't know what to do.  He didn't want to leave his son on the side of the busy road with it being dark and the roads bad from the snow.  He also wasn't able to walk to the gas station with his son.  So Peter walked up to the gas station, filled up the small can, and walked it back to the man's car.  This enabled the man to be able to make it up the hill to the gas station.  My husband has a big heart for helping people like this.  :)  

When we got home, it was about 8 and we continued a lovely evening at home.  I love date nights with my man!

No comments: