It's no secret that I love Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies. I mean, who doesn't?? Even Peter, who isn't a huge sweets person, likes them. I was in the mood to try something new for dessert on Friday night and found a recipe for brownies that looked good. I altered it a bit and came up with the recipe in this post. They are creamy, chocolate-y, delicious brownies that taste like Thin Mint cookies all at the same time. Needless to say, this recipe is a keeper!
And because I want others to experience the deliciousness, I'm sharing the recipe! It's super easy, but there is some wait time. Make sure to completely cool your brownies or you might have a big melted mess on your hands with the cream layer.
1 (10.25 ounces) pouch Fudge Brownie mix
⅓ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons ter
2½ cps powdered sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons milk
2 ounces cream cheese
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
2 drops green food coloring
¼ cup milk
6½ tablespoons butter
1⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Mix brownie mix with vegetable oil, water, and egg.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes in a greased 8 inch square pan.
3. Allow brownies to completely cool.
4. Add the cream filling ingredients to a large bowl. Beat until smooth.
5. Spread filling over brownies and refrigerate for about an hour.
6. Heat the chocolate topping ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until completely melted and smooth.
7. Allow to cool to room temperature.
8. Pour topping over filling. Refrigerate uncovered until topping has hardened.