Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chocolate Mint Brownies

It's no secret that I love Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies. I mean, who doesn't?? Even Peter, who isn't a huge sweets person, likes them. I was in the mood to try something new for dessert on Friday night and found a recipe for brownies that looked good. I altered it a bit and came up with the recipe in this post. They are creamy, chocolate-y, delicious brownies that taste like Thin Mint cookies all at the same time. Needless to say, this recipe is a keeper!

And because I want others to experience the deliciousness, I'm sharing the recipe! It's super easy, but there is some wait time. Make sure to completely cool your brownies or you might have a big melted mess on your hands with the cream layer.

Ingredients:
Brownie Layer:
1 (10.25 ounces) pouch Fudge Brownie mix
⅓ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons ter
1 egg
Cream Filling:
2½ cps powdered sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons milk
2 ounces cream cheese
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
2 drops green food coloring
Chocolate Layer:
¼ cup milk
6½ tablespoons butter
1⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Mix brownie mix with vegetable oil, water, and egg.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes in a greased 8 inch square pan.
3. Allow brownies to completely cool.
4. Add the cream filling ingredients to a large bowl. Beat until smooth.
5. Spread filling over brownies and refrigerate for about an hour.
6. Heat the chocolate topping ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until completely melted and smooth.
7. Allow to cool to room temperature.
8. Pour topping over filling. Refrigerate uncovered until topping has hardened.


1 comment:

Kelli said...

Hi Mallory,
I just wanted to make sure you got an answer to your question about the glass tile pendants. I used a glue called E6000 to glue the bail to the back of the tile. I think you can find it at most craft stores.

By the way...I love mint brownies. I've had some very similar to this and they're incredible! Everytime I've attempted to make them myself the thin mints my recipe calls for never last long enough to be turned into brownies. :0)

Have a wonderful day!
-Kelli