Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend Treasures

I was very happy with some purchases I made over the weekend...

$5 for a new tin canister set in the kitchen. My old canisters needed replaced and I wanted something more decorative. Since I keep my sugar, flour, etc in snap n close food containers in the cupboard, I didn't need the canisters to be so big either. Thanks to Joann's clearance section, these were perfect!


25 cents for a nice little pumpkin :)

$2.16 for a great tray from Sears. It looks more teal and brown in person and has a cool crackle finish. It's also microwave and dishwasher safe which are added bonuses :)

Good Seasons salad dressing jar. I've been on the hunt for one, but they only sell plastic ones nowadays. Thanks to GoodWill and 50 cents, I now have a glass one like I was looking for :)

I also bought this tray for 50 cents at Goodwill. I thought the size was nice and loved the details on the edges and handles. I didn't like the colors or picture on the front, but saw its potential.

And thanks to my aunt's awesome painting skills, I now have this! I helped, but not much haha.

Now I love the details on the edges and handles and love the picture! We sealed it so we could use it for food items, etc., but I'll just be using it as a decorative piece.

$8.41 later and I have many new fun things to add to my kitchen collections :)

No comments: