Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What I Wore - a first!

In the past few months, I've checked out The Pleated Poppy's "What I Wore Wednesday" for fashion inspiration.  This week I decided to link up and show my freebie items from Sears Outlet.  I must say it's kind of weird to take pictures of myself.  Some of the pictures turned out funky with the bright sun and reflection.  Oh well!  

If you know anything about me, then you know that I love a good deal.  A year or so ago Ikea had a promotional for "Social Media Saturdays" on the first Saturday of each month where they would give you $10 in Ikea cash to spend if you showed you were a fan on Facebook.  I dragged Peter along and got $20 each month.  I got a lot of odds and ends for the house as well as completed a new off-white dinnerware set for 8 people - haha!  

Soo....when I found out Sears Outlet was starting a "Free Apparel Tuesday" promotion, you can imagine how I was all over that.  Apparently, they started doing it before Christmas, but I didn't catch on until after the new year.  I decided to swing in and see if I could get anything good.  I actually got quite a few nice pieces!  Some of them are things that I probably normally wouldn't have purchased, but they were FREE!  And I ended up loving them which is a bonus!  I made it part of my weekly routine with grocery shopping on Tuesday and then swinging in Sears Outlet on the way home.  My first "purchase" was a pair of jeans - not pictured.  

Here are some of the great items I was able to snag...

The skirt in this outfit is my Sears Outlet free clothing item.  It's high waisted and elastic with a zipper in the back and pockets.  Paired with a teal cardigan ($6 from Target), boots ($20 from Burlington), and leggings ($5 from Target), and a heart necklace ($3 from Burlington), I think it's super cute!  

I also wore a headband that I made myself.  I love this headband, but all headbands seem to give me a headache after so long.  I think I need to build up my tolerance or something.  

The free item in this outfit is the turquoise top.  It's kind of a funky style that falls off my shoulder, but I wear a black tank under it and pair it with black pants ($15 from Dots) and a long heart necklace ($1 from Charlotte Russe) and love the look.

This might be my favorite Sears Outlet free item yet - the skirt.  It's a smock waist skirt with pockets - love!  I've actually made a "pattern" from it and am going to make a black polka dot skirt from fabric that I have.  I pair this skirt with a black tee ($3 from Target), black draped cardigan ($10 from Kohl's) and my go-to black boots and leggings.  Also, the $1 heart necklace from Charlotte Russe makes a frequent appearance in my daily wardrobe.

 This grey sweatshirt tunic thing was another free item.  It's super comfy!  It originally had a sating ribbon attached to the front to tie, but it was off to one side and kind of awkward.  So I took out my trusty seam ripper and removed it.  Same boots, $1 necklace and leggings complete this cozy outfit.

I'm still trying to decide if this is "work appropriate" for a Friday.  I work in a really casual office where folks where jeans most days and Fridays frequently include hoodies and T's.  

I also snagged a purple hoodie last week that I wore once to Bible Study, but haven't taken a picture of.  It's also super comfy and long which is a bonus in my world. 

Check out what others are wearing over at The Pleated Poppy.  

pleated poppy

2 comments:

Jen@ADropintheBucket said...

Awesome deals!! And cute outfits too!

Laura @ Inspiration For Moms said...

Thank you for stopping by site and leaving your sweet comments. It's scary putting your self 'out there' and it was so nice to read your kind words.

You have some stunning outfits with items you got for FREE. That's awesome! :) I am glad you joined WIW.

Look forward to seeing you next week! :)
Laura